Thursday, January 22, 2009

Loving ICLW!

Welcome to everyone who is visiting from ICLW! It's my first time participating and i'm so excited by all the comments i've received so far. Thanks!! I am looking forward to visiting you all!





Bloodtest Blues!
I had a bit of a hard time getting my bloodtest taken yesterday - it's something i would like to remember, so what better way to do that than to blog about it. Smile!

I had a new nurse taking my blood...and she had some difficulty. It was the most painful bloodtest i've ever had! She poked and prodded my left arm for ages, before finally giving up. It felt like forever! After she pulled the needle out, it ached so much that I grabbed onto my arm for dear life and left fingernail nail indentations. She reckons that it's because I didn't drink enough water - maybe it's true but i've never had the problem before and I don't think I did anything different this time. Note to self - drink LOTS more water next time!! I don't want to go through that again :-) It's been very hot here so maybe I was a bit dehydrated....

Anyway she gave me two cups of water to drink and then tried my right arm. Which was a bit better thankfully and gave her the much needed blood.

Then she taped a BIG cottonwool ball inside each elbow. I didn't realise how funny I looked until I walked out into the reception area and the supervising nurse saw me. She was shocked and took pity on me by removing the large balls and replacing them with much smaller ones. I wish I had a before and after photo!

Last week I told my friend that i'm now an expert at having blood taken and don't even feel it anymore. I spoke to soon!!! I'm hoping this was just a once off bad experience. Next time I need a bloodtest, i'll be chugging water,water and more water just to make sure my veins are nice and plump.



I'm loving ICLW!! How am I ever going to get any housework done when there are so many great blogs to visit!!!

6 comments:

daega99 said...

Thanks for visiting me! Cleansing is tough but for me it is definitely a good jumpstart.

Sorry you had a difficult blood draw. I have small veins so I almost always have difficulty. I oftem am on the verge of panic attacks when I have to have a blood test. I guess this whole IF thing sucks for my phobias LOL

*ICLW 66*

Melissa said...

I am sorry about your b/w; I am sure it will be fine next time with the water overload. :0) Just remember the goal! My DH is scheduled to go for MESA in 2 wks and if they find the little swimmers we will get to do IVF with ICSI so I am very interested in hearing all about your experience. I wish you the best of luck and I will be reading along!

ICLW

Nicole said...

B/W is totally annoying...despite being utterly necessary! I have to have mine done in my hands because my veins are so small--and the jumbo cottonballs look funny there too!

Good Luck!
~nicole
ICLW

Hillary said...

I know, ICLW is so fun! I seriously need to go make dinner but instead here I sit blogging... :)
Sorry for the bad blood taking experience...at least it's a funny story!
makingmemom.blogspot.com

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

The image of two giant cottonwool bulges under your sleeves is too funny.

Happy ICLW!

Anita said...

Are we kindred spirits, Anita? :)

Flowers for our profile pics, ICLW participants & my blog is called "Faith, Hope, & Poop?"

I got a chuckle out of our blogger similarities! :)

Good luck to you-I hope this month is THE month!