Friday, December 5, 2008

Ready to go!



Firstly I just wanted to say a big thanks for the comments I've gotten over the last few days!


I have been feeling very apprehensive about starting a blog, since i'm a fairly private person and usually keep my feelings to myself (not a good thing i've realised)...and I also wondered if anyone would actually read this! I feel so encouraged knowing that I can share my journey with others and support them in theirs.



Anyway! Today has been a great day! I saw my RE for a scan this morning. I was suprised how relaxed I felt - getting probed seems to be getting a little less traumatic each time. I was also suprisingly chatty and made sure I asked lots of questions!





I learnt two new things - 1. You don't ovulate when on a HRT cycle and 2. I have a retroverted uterus! As soon as he said 'retroverted' I was thinking, Oh no! what the heck is that? More dramas? Turns out my uterus tilts backwards and it's not a big deal. Made me scared for a second! My lining looks good and hopefully will make a nice comfy spot for my embies to implant! The FET is booked for next Thursday morning. Yay!



I'm feeling very excited but also mildly anxious about how my little embie will do during the thawing process - I feel so attached to them. I know it's out of my control but i'm such a worrier! I have to just leave it in God's hands and keep praying that they make it.





In other news, I sold our old kitchen table on Ebay last night and the guy came and picked it up today. It's been cluttering up our garage for months and it's great to finally have it gone. We have been trying to declutter our house over the last week - it's amazing how much stuff accumulates over the years that you no longer use or need.

Oh, I almost forgot! I have some new meds. I have to now take progesterone twice a day in the form of pessaries (last time was gel). Having to lie down for 30 minutes afterwards gives me a great excuse to fit in some extra blogging time...






6 comments:

Jendeis said...

Hi! Saw your comment on Hillary's blog and thought I'd come over as we're also struggling with low motility. Looking forward to reading more about your journey.

Hillary said...

Lying down for 30minutes sounds sort of nice (although I bet it gets annoying after awhile) :) Glad the doctor visit and everything is going well!
makingmemom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sale! Its always good to get some extra $$ out of something you weren't using anyway!

Congrats also on the good scan! Good luck!!!

Oh, and I hear you on being private...that is why I cam up with the persona I did--Betty Rubble was infertile, and even if someone finds me via a g@@gle search they won't know its "me"

I Believe in Miracles said...

Thanks for the well-wishes Anita! I'm actually your clicker - done a really bad job of intro-ing myself to anyone though - so I've been following along your blog. Good luck with your transfer as well!!
~~HUGS~~

Mary said...

It's coming up so quickly:) So excited for you!

twondra said...

I found you through Stirrups. I hope it's okay I follow you. :) I went through IVF recently, but our eggs failed to divide which is rare and we're looking into donor. I'd love to follow your blog. :) Welcome to blogland sweetie!!

Tammy
www.twondra.blogspot.com