Saturday, December 20, 2008

bloodtests,graduations and engagements!

I just got home for a VERY busy day of events- it's now 11.30pm and haven't stopped all day. I went for my pregnancy blood test at 8.30am and then my sister had her university graduation. After the graduation we had a big family lunch and in the evening my sister got engaged!!!

Sadly my blood test was a BFN.

I called the clinic in the middle of the ceremony to get the results. I am ok - I shed a few private tears after the call but i've been so busy the rest of the day that it kept my mind off it.

I'm so tired so I can't write anymore - but i'll post more tomorrow (and pics) about the engagement - DH and I had to help set up a secret picnic for them :-) I am very happy for my sister and excited for her!

6 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so sorry, Anita. But I am glad that you are keeping your spirits up as much as you can. I guess it's time to try again...right?

Wishing 4 One said...

Anita, so sad for your test results. Don't feel bad and know that God has a Plan for all of us. We keep trying and do our part, but we know that in the end, it is Him who makes it so. Keep trying and trust that all will happen when its meant to.

Thinking of you and if you want to talk anytime, I'm here.

I have been there 5 times before...all BFN, well one positive, was a chemical preg. This is my 6th transfer now...

Glad you have the chance to celebrate with your sister, thats great and will make the time pass with ease. Thinking of you Anita...xoxoxoxoxox

twondra said...

Oh, sweetie, I'm soooo sorry. I'm thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

Polly Gamwich said...

Anita, I'm so sorry for the BFN a few private tears and your able to stay busy ... That just breaks my heart as I wish we could have surrounded you with hugs and prayers.

But sometimes distraction is the only option.

Hugs Sweetheart,
Polly

Hillary said...

Oh, Anita, I'm sorry for the sad blood test results. I'm glad you've had so many other fun and exciting things going on to help keep your mind of things, but it is so sad none-the-less. I am so very sorry.
makingmemom.blogspot.com

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm so sorry Anita. What a bummer. I'm glad there is a lot going on to distract you. But I'm really sorry. I know how hopeful you were too.
~~HUGS~~