Last time as soon as I woke up from the anesthetic I looked straight at my hand and saw '17' written on it. 17 eggs! This time my hand was blank. I was in lots of pain and started freaking out a bit.
me (In the hospital bed, in pain and still all groggy like) : So how many eggs did they get?
nurse: 19! I have already told you like 4 times
me: (yeah well i seem to be slightly out of it) Last time they wrote it on my hand
nurse: Well Dr C (the anethetist) doesn't do that for some reason
me: oh....can you write it? (well someone should! He did LAST time)
nurse: i'll write for you
me: (gee thanks! Now maybe I won't be such a bother)
big enough you think? ;-)

* Really the nurses were super nice - I was just out of it....
19 feels like a good number!
After some more pain meds I moved to the recovery lounge. I got treated very nice. Toasty warm blankets, sandwiches and apple juice :-) DH arrived and then the clinic nurse came to see me. I got the whole be aware of OHSS speech (which I never got last time). Hubby drove me home - after stopping to stock up on protein powder, chips and DVD's. I'm feeling very sore - much sorer than last time. I spent the rest of the day snacking on protein, sleeping and watching DVD's. Twighlight and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Tomorrow I plan to do the same! Different movies though :-) I'm so glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow, like last time. Bring on the relaxation!
So 19 eggs! I'm not sure if that's that's better or worse than 12-13. Not sure if 'the more the better' applies in this case. The Doc said he would be really happy with 12. Last time I got 17. Anyway I refuse to worry - i'm just curious...
I get the fert report tomorrow arvo - I can't wait
Thanks to all those who stopped by and wished me well!!! It means soooo much to me.
I hope to catch up on reading and commenting soon!

4 comments:
Yay, 19 sounds good to me!
I am so pleased that your ER went well. 19 eggs is a fantastic number! I hope that you get some good relaxation, and I'm waiting to hear about your fert report. x
That is so great!! I love the picture with your number written on your hand. :)
19 is awesome!!
Post a Comment