Not much has been happening except work, work and work. Next month my hours are being cut so I'm grateful for the work while I can get it and it's also been keeping my mind busy and the anxiety away. I've also been acupuncturist shopping. After seeing 4 (i'm terribly indecisive) I finally found one(D) that I love but unfortunately she also cost the most. I'm sticking with her for this cycle and then might look for another one that my health insurance will pay out more for. I was surprised how different they all were.
Acupuncturists A,B made me stay fully clothed, didn't use many needles and only treated the front of my body and also hardly spent any time with me - a couple minutes putting in needles and then disappearing.
C seemed really knowledgeable ,was covered mostly by insurance, but he made a crude comment about IVF being like having s.ex in front of strangers, he thought he was funny and I think was trying to be sympathetic. I just thought he was an ass. I said it was not at all like that and he had the nerve to disagree with me! Thankfully he stuck me with a few needles and then his assistant did the rest. So no surprises that I'm not going back there.
At D I remove my outer clothes and then I cover up with blankets and towels. I find it more comfortable and relaxing than lying there in my jeans. Also she treats both sides of the body with needles(half hour for each) and burns moxa above the skin. She does a little shiatsu massage at the end which is sooo good. I'm going to her for a 30 min session before my transfer and 30 minutes after. Some of the others said I had to go the day before instead of on the day.
How does your acupuncturist treat you? I would love to read about your experiences...
Today is day 19 of my FET cycle and my little embies will be transfered in 2 days (mon). I'm bit scared to be too hopeful but also starting to feel pangs of excitement now that's it is getting closer.
Once again my FS is on holidays so sadly another Doc will be doing the procedure.I saw him for the scan and he seems ok.
Hope you have a great weekend!
oxo

6 comments:
I haven't been to my acupuncturist in about a year, but she only did the front and I usually got the assistant which I wasn't thrilled with.
Anyway, good luck on Monday! Praying for those embies to find a cozy home for the next 9 months! xo
Good luck on Monday! I will definitely be thinking and praying for you!!!
I saw an acupuncturist several years back and he was wonderful. He also did TCM. He stuck both sides of the body, depending on what was being treated at that visit. He had incense and also a water fountain that really relaxed the atmosphere in the room.
Oh, good luck with the cycle!! I'm glad to hear your busy and cycling again... :)
I am thinking of you. x
Good to hear from you!
I've had lots of acupuncturists. All have done front or back depending on the situation, but not usually both on the same day. Most clothes stay on with some pushing up of pant legs etc. unless back treatment or needling belly (in which case pants get moved as needed). The better ones spend lots of active time instead of putting in needles and disappearing. Most have also done massage after (usually Chinese massage instead of shiatsu) except for the one that's most factory-like (but who is the most expert in IF).
Sounds like you've found a great one in D.
Good luck with the FET!!
Post a Comment