Friday, July 9, 2010

She's here!!


Amelia Grace was born Mon 5th July at 8.03 pm, weighing 3.57kg. 50 cm long. Mum and Bub are doing well . We are so thankful for this little miracle! I am truly amazed that our tiny little frozen embryo has grown into this tiny little perfect human :-) 



My waters broke on Sunday 6th at 7am in morning. Admitted to hospital Sunday night 7pm for antibiotics in case of infection. 

Monday morning 10ish  I was induced. Spent the rest of the day in active labour-mostly in the shower. Checked at 5ish and no progress. Given epidural. I still felt some strong pushing pains in pelvic floor area. After being checked by midwife and Ob it was decided that my cervix was doing strange things, babys body and head was in a wrong position and an emergency caesarian was recommended.

Amelia was born at 8.03pm via caesar. She had the cord around her neck 3 times so would of been very unlikely to birth naturally as it was acting like a bungee cord holding her back. 

I thought everything about the labour and birth was amazing! I wouldn't change a thing...

She is beautiful and healthy! We love her so much! 

We go home from the hospital tomorrow....then I will post some pics in the next few days

6 comments:

One Who Understands said...

Congrats! So happy she is here and healthy. Can't wait to see pictures.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congratulations!!! Glad you're both doing well. Look forward to seeing her!

Enjoy your last day of rest!

Wishing 4 One said...

Yeah congratulations my friend! Welcome Amelia Grace, can't wait to see your beautiful face! So happy for you girl! xoxo

Anita said...

Congrats! I am sooo happy for you & I just love that name~Enjoy! :)

Amber said...

Congrats on your new little girl! So exciting. Amelia is a beautiful name...

Anonymous said...

Amelia is beautiful! Congratulations.