Here's the story of how I told DH (after not being able to see or speak to him for 3 days while he was away). He got back from his camping trip on Sunday afternoon- I spoke to him as soon as he was back in phone range but he had others in the car, so the whole POAS thing wasn't able to be brought up. He had to drop the car back at a friends house, so I picked him up from there on the way to night church .
Anyway after we left the friends house in the car, he looks over and asks me if I POAS. I didn't just want to just come out and say yes, since I had plans to present him with the positive HPT's. So i'm like 'um nooo..'. (while trying to supress a big smile). He didn't quite belive me - and he knows somethings up. So I said 'ok just pull over'. Once we stopped on the side of the road I presented him with a Tupperware lunch box. I'm like ' I made you something' (this was supposed to add to the element of suprise). He opened it and it was full of my postive tests. He cried. :-) It was a wonderful moment.I had planned to give them to him as soon as I saw him (before he had a chance to ask me) - but I couldn't at the friends house, couldn't do it in the driveway either as there were people standing there and I also couldn't give them to him while he was driving. I really wanted to give him something that said 'daddy'- maybe a card or onesie. But decided that after our early miscarriage it may be too emotional if something went wrong- we are being a little guarded emotionally until the pregnancy is a bit more certain. Plus I ran out of time to go shopping ;-) I was much to busy peeing on sticks and frantically googling HPT pictures and info ! I'll keep those great ideas for when we have the 3rd beta next week or after the ultrasound. Don't get me wrong we are over the moon! But i've been around in blogland long enough to know a positive test doesn't always mean a baby. That being said, our faith remains strong and we continue to trust in the Lord in all things - no matter what!
Second Beta is tomorrow!!
April 2022
3 years ago

8 comments:
What a wonderful moment to share with your hubby!! I too have thought about how to tell him when we get the results. I always thought it would be fun to put a Hamburger bun (with the HPT between the bread) in the oven and tell him that there's a surprise in there for him.
That was wonderful!
Congratulations with the positive test, I´m sure you will have a lot of opertunites to shop something with "dad" on later. Christmas presents, and so on :)
Very sweet!!! Happy for you!
That is so great! I am so happy and excited for you!
Sucha a cute story. I love it that he cried. He must be so excited! Good luck with your second beta!
I have just read your wonderful news and am so incredibly thrilled for you! What a lovely story of how you shared the news with DH. I am looking forward to hearing about the second beta!
xx
caroline-frominfertilitytobaby.blogspot.com
Aw, I love that you gave him a tupperware of HPT's and he cried. So sweet.
xxoo
Post a Comment