Hi there! Sorry for my lack of posting or commenting. I can't believe how fast the last 2 weeks have flown by! We went away last weekend and I've have also been feeling depressed - things with DH were a bit tense. I really find it difficult expressing it all into writing - hence my lack of blogging!
Anyway good news is that I seem to have snapped out of it and am now feeling more 'normal' and less crazy. AF has been and gone. The emotional rollercoaster has slowed down :) DH and I are doing ok now. We saw a marriage therapist and that has been a huge help to our communication issues - plus i'm trying to be less grumpy and snappy. I have also been feeling depressed about my teaching job and lack of work - but that's another story...I think I
want a career change but have no idea what to do.
I saw the Doctor today and had a pre-op info session for my surgery. I didn't really learn anything new since I'd already visited Dr.google and done some research :) 4 sleeps to go!
Today I baked some Valentines cookies. It was my first time making iced sugar cookies - so it was very experimental :) Some of my icing was a little runny and went all over the place but I feel pretty proud of my efforts :) I hope they taste good!



Thanks again everyone for your words of support! Thanks Hillary and Wishy for checking in on me :)
There are so many wonderful blogs I read and I'll be catching up on commenting this weekend for sure!!
Thinking of you!
A

12 comments:
The cookies are absolutely beautiful - and look delicious too. I'm glad to hear things are settling down a bit. This process and everything it entails can be so hard on relationships (LG and I have really struggled this go around), and I'm happy to hear you guys are finding strategies for communication.
Enjoy the cookies!
Who cares if they taste good? They look awesome!!! :)
Nice job!
Those cookies look delicious and SO PRETTY!!
Glad you are feeling better.
Anita, I am so glad things are looking up. Don't feel bad about not blogging -- I don't think it should become an added stress to your life. Just blog when you want to and can, and know that we are thinking of you and here for you. :)
makingmemom.blogspot.com
Hi Anita,
I have been thinking of you and wondering how you are. IF causes a lot of stress on relationships and it sounds as though you have been proactive in addressing that stress with DH. Good on you. I'm thinking of you as you move ahead.
The cookies are fantastically gorgeous, and so creative!
Now that you're back, consider redeeming your prize... they've had some great stuff this week. I'm actually seriously considering getting yesterday's offering myself! No rush though. Let me know when you pick something. :)
Gorgeous cookies! Really lovely...
I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you and your DH. Infertility is hard on a marriage.
Okay, I think you have found your new career...you could be a baker! Those are the prettiest darn things I have ever seen in my life. Seriously. Start catering or something.
And you sound really good. That makes me happy:)
I agree with Mary.
Experimental??
Professional looking!
Beautiful job!
the cookies look awesome! wowza, that's talent!!
I'm also glad things have been looking up on the home front. If only I could drag my DH to a therapist (sigh). It all sounds like its going back into place, which is great.
Now...I'll have a cookie please! =)
S
hey...so sorry i missed you. it all happened rather quickly. wednesday afternoon i had the creepy conversation, less than 12 hours later i had a new blog. i was freaking out a bit. so glad you found me though. i did put something on lfca to try to get the people that i missed....
those cookies look totally awesome. i am very jealous!
Um ok, so you have your new profession my dear...selling gourmet gorgeous cookies! Those are amazing! And if they tasted good, there you go, no more teaching, but baking! Glad to know you're feeling better. Thinking of you. xoxoxox
Post a Comment